All Forms of Residential Landlords and Property owners.
- Professional Tenants
- DSS tenants (referral & non-referral)
- Students Lets
- Holiday Home Lets (UK & Abroad)
- Unoccupied Property undergoing renovation & refurbishment
- Unoccupied Property pending sale or awaiting occupation
Tailored specifically for landords and property owners with one or more properties Shearwater can design a policy with a combination of covers packaged together to provide landlords with the knowledge and security that their investment is adequately protected. You can rest assured with Shearwater you are fully covered at the most competitive premium.
Landlords and property owners insurance policies can cover buildings, contents and loss of rent protection as well as property owners liability for private dwellings. The policy covers a range of tenants including professional, student, DSS referral and non-referral, unoccupied properties as well as UK holiday and second homes.
- Accidental Damage available for certain tenancy types
- Buildings Index linking and Day One reinstatement available providing inflation protection
- Optional Loss of Rent available unless unoccupied
- Cover available for property sum insured in excess of £10,000,000
- Property Owners’ Liability
- Trace and Access available
- Cover available for unoccupied properties
- Optional Employers Liability
- Optional Terrorism cover available
- Optional Legal expenses & rent gaurantee available
Policies vary from insurer to insurer however introductory and no claims discounts are available to clients who have had no claims for 4+ years.
Please contact the office for a quotation you may be surprised at how much you really could save!
- Up to 25 % discount for no claims
- The property to be insured has up to date IEE Electrical Certificates
- The property has a logged annual maintenance program
In the event that you may need to make a claim, even if you are unsure that the incident will lead to a claim, it is vital to notify the office as soon as possible after the incident has occurred.
UK Telephone: 01992 707155
With Shearwater we are always on call to help and we know that an incident does not always occur Monday to Friday 9-5. That is why a member is staff is on call outside of office hours to offer advice and support whenever you need it.
We have a dedicated claims handler who is your first port of call in the event of an incident. As soon as we have checked that your claim is covered by your policy, we will get the process moving.
In all cases we look to deal with your claim as quickly and efficiently as possible and will keep you informed of our progress. Read More
"I made the decision to proceed with Shearwater. This has proven to be a good decision." David Read More
The below gives you an overview of the essential covers for a property owner.
Buildings insurance – landlord’s buildings insurance covers property damage as standard from all major specified risks such as fire, storm & flood, lightning & earthquake, explosion, aircraft, riot, falling trees, etc. The cover is also available with accidental damage and subsidence, landslip & heave.
Contents insurance – covers your possessions within the rental property, such as furniture and fittings. Tenants must buy their own contents cover to protect their own possessions.
Loss of rent or Alternative Accommodation – we can include a minimum level of cover which compensates you if you lose rental income because your property cannot be occupied or accessed due to an insurable peril. You may get a percentage of your rental income or the cost of alternative accommodation automatically included depending on your insurer. Please ask one of our members of staff for further information. Read More