- Fixed benefit amount paid in the event of death/ loss of limb
- Loss of sight, loss of limb, permanent total disability
- Loss of hearing or speech
- Permanent loss of use of thumb, index and other fingers, shoulder and wrist
- Permanent loss of use of hip, knee or ankle.
- Temporary total disability
- Temporary partial disability
- Illness cover
- Weekly benefits can cover up to 80% of weekly income
If the closest you’ve come to an accident in the past is trapping your hand in the kitchen drawer, then it may not have occurred to you to take out personal accident insurance.
Even if you work in a high risk trade where you need to be active and on your feet all day, you may have been fortunate enough never to come into harm’s way.
Unfortunately it’s the bigger accidents, the more complicated injuries, the long standing illnesses – those ailments that are completely unexpected, that are going to cause problems.
Your employment status
If you are employed by a company, then you are entitled to statutory sick pay for up to 28 weeks. However this is much lower than most incomes and is unlikely to sufficiently cover your existing living costs. If you are self-employed, you won’t even receive that.
This is a long time to try and recover your health, especially if you are seeing your financial reserves depleting at the same time.
Take care of yourself, and we’ll do the rest
If you want to protect your financial wellbeing at a difficult time, Shearwater is here to help with a range of personal accident insurance options. Each of these is designed to take care of you financially at a time when you need it most, so when you are ready to return to work, you will hopefully be on a similar footing as you were before having to take time out.
Use our online form to request a quote now. Otherwise call our team on 01992 707316 for a chat about your insurance needs