Why choose Shearwater Insurance
With over 20 years of experience insuring horseboxes and trailers, Shearwater is the perfect company to speak to about covering your equestrian transport. We offer a wide range of horsebox insurance policies depending on your exacting requirements.
- We offer fully comprehensive and third party, fire and theft horsebox insurance policies and can cater for 'Social, Domestic & Pleasure' and/or 'Business use', as well as 'Hire & Reward'.
- We have access to some of the best-known names in the UK insurance industry in order to provide our customers with the most competitive and comprehensive horsebox insurance in the market.
- Thanks to our industry recognition we can offer special rates on horsebox insurance, not available anywhere else to the general public.
Feautres and benefits of Shearwater's horsebox cover
Having looked after thousands of clients' horseboxes for many years, we are in the perfect position to make sure your valuable equine transport is fully protected. We have competitive horsebox insurance policies for all drivers and all types of vehicle.
Third Party, Fire & Theft Premiums
The price you will pay for your policy depends on the type of use, value of your vehicle, number of drivers and also any previous claims or convictions.
- Fully comprehensive policies start from £190.80 including insurance premium tax
- Third Party, Fire & Theft available at upon request
- Excesses vary depending on the value of the individual horsebox but typically start from £100 and typically go up to £500
- Horsebox Windscreen excess is normally £75
- Horsebox Breakdown Cover including Home/Yard Start available
- Limited Mileage Horsebox Policies available
- Any Driver over 25 year old as standard
- HGVs Covered
- Mirrored No Claims Bonus available
- Young Driver Cover available
- Legal Expenses
- Flexible payment options available
- In-House Claims Support when you need it most
Please note all quotations provided are subject to underwriting criteria, terms and conditions Read More
We at Shearwater have been servicing the needs of our clients for over 20 years now and would be delighted to provide you with a low costs no obligation quotation as well as demonstrate the high level of service that you would expect to see from a leading insurance broker. Please call and enquire for any of the below:
Please note this list is by no means exhaustive and should your particular requirement not appear here please call to enquire.
Please note all quotations provided are subject to underwriting criteria, terms and conditions
Cant find what you are looking for? Ask an Expert! Read More
Policies vary from insurer to insurer however introductory and no claims discounts are available to clients who have had no claims for 4+ years.
Please contact the office for a quotation you may be surprised at how much you really could save! Read More
In the event that you may need to make a claim, even if you are unsure that the incident will lead to a claim, it is vital to notify the office as soon as possible after the incident has occurred.
UK Telephone: 01992 707155
With Shearwater we are always on call to help and we know that an incident does not always occur Monday to Friday 9-5. That is why a member is staff is on call outside of office hours to offer advice and support whenever you need it
At Shearwater we have dedicated claims handlers who are your first port of call in the event of an incident. As soon as we have checked that your claim is covered by your policy, we will get the process moving.
In all cases we look to deal with your claim as quickly and efficiently as possible and will keep you informed of our progress. Read More
"Just wanted to drop you a line and say a big thank you for the excellent response to our horsebox breakdown in Durham" Read More