household insurance Shearwater Insurance

Building & Contents Insurance

Does your home matter enough to you to find the right insurance?

Your home is your castle

When you were looking for your home, was it all about the price? Did you opt for the cheapest house or flat you could find? For most, there’s so much more to finding the right home than price.

Given that your home insurance is designed to cover something so important, you should ask yourself whether going for the base level option is going to be for the best for you in the long run.

  • Accidental damage available
  • Worldwide/all risk cover on contents available
  • Fine art & antiques cover available
  • Alternative accommodation Included
  • Outbuildings & stables extension included
  • Emergency repairs cover included
  • Damage by domestic pets available
  • Replacement locks & keys available
  • Identity fraud available
  • Family legal protection available

We take the same care and consideration in protecting your home at Shearwater as you do in choosing it, both the buildings and the contents within. When we have found out more about what makes your home yours, is a policy that gives as much protection as it can from what is available, at a price that’s going to be affordable for you.

There are a range of policies out there to choose from, and at Shearwater we have got the keen eye to find the one that is going to work for you.

country house insurance Shearwater Insurance

Protection for different shapes and sizes

Your household insurance policy can cover the building, your personal possessions, or both and can work for you whether you are a homeowner, private tenant. We can also quote for thatched roof property, second home or a holiday home.

Florist insurance - Shearwater Insurance

Protection - inside and out

Insurable possessions are essentially everything that would fall out of your home if it were possible to turn it upside down. Certain items such as expensive art and collectables i.e. coins can be specifically accounted for by designating them as higher value contents.

The entirety of your home, bricks and mortar, roof tiles and paving slabs are typically covered with a buildings only policy, which accounts for the rebuild value of your home, not the market value.

Component failed to render.

Get in touch today

Use the contact form to request a quote today.  Otherwise call the Shearwater team on 01992 718666 for a no obligation chat about your insurance needs.