Why choose grass livery liability insurance from Shearwater?
It doesn't get more simple than grass livery for horses. However, we know that accidents can still happen, and so can negligence. Grass livery liability insurance arranged by Shearwater gives you as the yard owner, or manager, the opportunity to cover your business simply and effectively, so you can be confident that you’ve got the right protection in place.
Cover is available for:
- Public liability based on the total number of horses on your premises (including privately owned horses)
- Care, custody and control for a maximum of £50,000 per horse/£100,000 in aggregate
- Equestrian land liability
- Employers liability based on the number of employees, including casual staff.
Cover extensions are also available for:
- Shows organised by you, at your premises, which are in-house or open to the public
- Hire of facilities for third party use – e.g. indoor/outdoor arenas and cross-country courses
- Guest and staff accommodation on the premises
- Tack shops and/or cafés on the premises
- Camps and clinics, including for Pony Club or Riding Club
- Cover for livestock/farm animals/guard dogs or miscellaneous animal liability
- Freelance instruction for qualified and unqualified instructors, including cover for breaking of horses, grooming, schooling & clipping
- Lead rein pony and donkey rides, both on and away from your premises
Shearwater has many years of experience when it comes to understanding the requirements of a livery yard owner. The result is a range of insurance policies designed specifically for protecting you as the owner, along with your staff and your customers. From riding instructors and livery yards to stud farms, Shearwater specialise in finding insurance solutions designed to protect you and help ensure you and your business financially covered.
The voice of experience from Shearwater
Our team at Shearwater can offer advice as to what kind of policy you need and tailor your cover to suit your business needs, helping to keep your livelihood safe and sound.
Livery yard insurance can protect you against a wide range of claims but each policy can vary depending on your size and how you function as a business.
Not only will this give you the confidence to take in new customers and their animals, but it also reassures clients that their valuable horses are in safe hands.
Legal Expenses Insurance
We can help you to overcome a range of common business problems, for example:
- you need expert legal advice quickly
- a dispute with an employee escalates and can’t be resolved
- you receive notice of an enquiry into your tax or VAT returns
- a Health & Safety inspection ends with a threat to prosecute your business
- a neighbouring business restricts access to your premises
- your business attracts adverse publicity which threatens to damage your reputation and you need PR advice
Available from £49.00 per year.
Speak to a member of our team about adding it on to your policy.
Get In Touch Today
Use the contact form to request a quote today. Otherwise call the Shearwater team on 01992 718666 for a no obligation chat about your insurance needs.